New Junk Journal, I Am Grateful 4, With Video

Ok So it’s no secret that I love art journaling it’s one of my things, although I don’t tend to really journal in my pages I tend to make a page with a nice sort of quotes of phrases. This is something I would like to work on, I would like to make things a bit more personal in some of my journals.


Don’t get me wrong I am still going to be doing the Layouts with the nice phrase and lovely inspirational quotes and the like, but I think a nice gratitude journal might be in order, for this one I have decided to have a go at making a junk journal, I have never made one of these before so this is going to be fun and maybe a tad bit messy.

Now in true junk journal style I am not going to buy anything for this journal the idea is to make it up out of the junk you have around the house, I have used a mixture of scrapbook paper scraps, junk mail, Christmas cards…etc

Now seeing how this is my first go at this I wasn’t 100% sure how I was going to bind it all together, I did watch a couple of YouTube videos about it but then I found one by Shannon Green where she used a sewing machine to bind then and I have a light bulb moment, that looked like the easiest option to me, now the drawback is the books will be limited in the thickness of them depending how well your sewing machine handles paper.


A couple of tips
1, try and maybe limit the paper to about 10-12 pages.
2, make sure you use the longest stitch your machine allows. If your stitches are too small and close together it will act like perforated paper and tear out easily
3, sprays and inks will bleed in the center binding and go onto the other pages if you are looking for perfection maybe this is not the journal style for you

Now for this journal I am setting myself a rule only junk and scraps to be used in this one I cannot use new scrapbook paper or buy anything for this book.





So far all I have done is the title page but I hope to get more done really soon, I had a lot of fun with this page it was my first one in about 6 months and was just to just get in my craft room and go for it. It was kind of freeing in away, although because it has been a long time since I have done anything like this I really messed up the process, little things like just not getting a jug of water for brushes, not finding and plugging in my drying tool, or getting the baby wipes …Little things that any seasoned art journaler or mixed media artist would know to just do. But even with all that I still think it turned out alright 




Comments

Popular Posts