Sketching, Just Do It!!

The seemly simple art of sketching doesn't really look that hard, in till you try it for yourself, and for this chick it was a lot harder than I expected!! 


I am not what I would call a good drawer, I am ok, I can hold my own on a good game of pictionary, but its always something I enjoyed doing years ago. So no, I'm not fantastic at it, and honestly I am good with that, Like everything, I get better over time. 

I was at a point in my life where I needed something, books were holding no interest for me since my Vinnie got sick months ago. (he is all good now btw) But I was feeling lost, with nothing going on in my life except for kids, housework and TV.  I have always been a creative soul, and I think my year off not doing anything really creative took a toll on my mental health. I'm not sure why, but one day I picked up a pen a drew a flower. It was a crappy flower, but that's not important, the important part was I did it. I had started and reawakened my passion for art and crafts. But it has simply been years since I had held a pencil and I sort of just forgot how to do it, I started off small and just let myself go, I think remembering that it didn't matter how bad they looked was a big thing for me, not everything has to be perfect and look fabulous. Warning Lots of photos coming up, I have not posted them all but just some of the ones I like, keep in mind these ones were also not my first attempts.




All so, while I was on my little creative journey I discovered zentangles!!
They are so fun to do, and really you are only limited by your own imagination.
I highly recommend if you are wanting to just draw and get the hang 
of it and practice and hone your skills try zentangles, 




And not to toot my own horn but I really do love this bird, one of my husbands work 
mates call it a Tui bird and I guess it is a bit, in a really abstract sort of way





As you can see there are a lot of different styles of drawings here, I was trying a wide
 variety of things trying to find my groove, 

All the paint in these drawings are 
watercolours by Reeves.






Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love seeing your sketches - you are far talented than you give yourself credit for (I can't even do stick figures LOL!). Love your attitude, too - keep up the great work, trying new things, growing and being awesome! Love this new-look blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!! I tend to underestimate myself a lot, but I think its just how most of us creative types are..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts