Remember When Trilogy by TTorrest

Re posting these reviews all in one post, I loved this series and highly recommend if you are looking for a light hearted, good chick lit. 5 stars for all three books!!




Well I loved it!! 


So its chick lit, it’s not going to change your life but still…LOVED IT!! And to be really honest here when I picked this up as a free read on Amazon I wasn’t expecting much, and I really , really wasn’t expecting to Just LOVE it so damn much, see that is the 3rd time I have said I love this book!!

I really felt like I was in a time warp! Ok so I wasn’t a real teen in 1990 I was like 11 but I so got the early 90s references, eg, banana clips, New kids on the block, VCRs , bike pants …and so on, Fact, it took me to a time and place where I rocked the bike pants and banana clip look myself….*sigh* those where the days ..Am I right??? Anyway this for me was like reading a memory. All we needed was 90210 tossed in there and it would have been golden!

Anyway, this book is about Layla, A High school senior who has fallen totally in love with the hot new guy in town, Trip.

 I totally identified with Layla, all her over thinking and analyzing. I too, was kind of self-centered and self-absorbed when I was 16-17. I felt the through process she went thought was rather similar to my own at the time!! I so remember seeing hidden meaning in all sorts of things….hmmmm maybe I still do…lol

This had me hooked right from the first page. I laughed out loud a number of times, and really felt I connected with all the characters, I felt what they felt. The writing was solid and seamless and the story flowed nicely.

Like I said this book will not change your life, you will not have an epiphany while reading it...Lets face it its pure chick lit fluff, but again like I said I loved and soooo can’t wait until the next one!!





This was so different to what I was expecting but in a good way.

Oh man I don’t even know what to say!! My brain isn't working!

We are thrust back into the world of Layla and Trip, but things are very different this time round. Not only has 9 years gone past but also they are two very different people, they are no longer teenagers, but adults with adult problems and responsibilities. After losing touch with each other over the years Layla is now a copywriter but is desperate for a chance to become a reporter. When she finds out Trip the new up and coming Hollywood hottie and her first love is in town filming just around the corner from her house, she convinces her boss to let her get an interview.

Layla, man I really do love that girl, while she has grown up a lot in the past 9 years. She is still quick, smart and sassy, but a little lost. She is not the same self-absorbed teen girl we once knew and loved. And Trip, man I fell in love with him all over again but boy my heart just broke for him too, he was just so sad on the inside, he seemed so disillusioned and broken. Surrounded by people but no one to talk to, a lonely shell of what he once was!

I just love Tina Torrest writing style, she sucks you in so completely!! I was utterly absorbed from start to finish. It is witty and playful but at the same time serious, it’s flawless, and the pacing was perfect the development was perfect, the world building was perfect. This was not all sunshine and lollie pops, I didn’t think it would be, but I wasn’t expecting quite what I got, a couple of times I was like “say what now!”  But it all worked so well.

Anyway, I loved it and Tina....HURRY UP with the next one ;)


Well….where do I start?? I have no idea; I feel kind of lost right now. I am so deep into book hangover mode I am finding getting all my thoughts down hard!!  I am sooo happy, yet sooo sad!! I want to just get a couple of things out there, I LOVE this series!! I found Remember When late one night, I think it was 99 cents and honestly I wasn’t expecting much! But I started it and never looked back. I fell in love with the cast and crew and everything about it. I loved the writing, the language, the time, and how Tina took me back to my youth. I was hooked and smitten. So much so that when I first started this book blog Remember When was the first book I reviewed!!

 Right where were we?? …..

Let me start by saying this was the perfect ending to Trip and Layla's story. I had a huge grin on my face the entire time I was reading this. I looked like a crazy person and on more than one occasion I was giggling away in my corner with the rest of the family looking at me funny. While the last one had me yelling NOOO and wanting to biff the kindle across the room more than once, this one was rather mellow in comparison. I wasn’t expecting that. While they had to work to make it work in the end it all fell together nicely.

This picks up about 4-5 years later after Remember When 2 we last saw Layla heartbroken and heading back home to sort her life out, well she did that, sort of, but when an unexpected death brings Trip back to Norman there is only one person he wants to see and this time he isn’t willing to just walk away.

“My God, every time, it never fails. You happen to me all over again. I never stopped loving you, Lay. You were always with me. Everywhere.” 

  He was simply Chester and I was Lay-Lay.
   We were us again.

“Please don’t leave me over this. Please don’t break me again.”

“I’ve loved him as both a girl and as a woman. I have both a history and a future with this man. This man I will love forever.” 

This was awesome and just perfect. I loved seeing how Trip had put his life back on track I would have liked to have seen more about how he did it but "Meh" I'll live. Throughout this whole series I have loved how the people have grown with age and experience. While the Layla in Remember When 1, 2 and 3 are all the same person they are all so different it’s amazing really and so utterly believable,  

Tina you are amazing I love the writing in this I love the language and how real the dialog is.  BTW  fleeb…I died!!! LOL if you want to know what a fleeb is, you are going to have to read and find out!!

Anyway I am so sad to be saying goodbye to this series, but I know I will read this again and again but right now I am feeling a little lost!



Remember When Trilogy 

Comments

Popular Posts