Should I stay or should I go now?

For a long time now I have been struggling with the thought of closing this blog down. I even, at one point had my “So long, fair well” speech written and it has been sitting on my hard drive ever since. While I still love books and still want to be in the book world in some way, I honestly did find myself only doing that. Books took over my life and well any one that knows me knows I’m an all or nothing sort of girl, my art work and crafting and every other thing I enjoyed fell to the side lines, including my family!!

I was stretched so thin and it took my oldest child getting sick, and being hospitalized for two weeks then another 6 weeks off school, before I really realised how much time and energy this was taking up. I was a stupid girl and signed up to way to many blog tours and just over booked myself to often, honestly it took all the fun out of reading in general! I lost my joy and with it, lost my way, but the good news is I am rediscovering my other passions in life. I have been making art, scrapbooking, journaling, spending good quality time with my kids, taking photos and I am a happier and better person because of it. I have plans and see inspiration everywhere.

Now for the tricky bit, I still love to read, I love that feeling when a book can just completely take over your life for a little while and I love writing about the books I like and sometimes the ones I didn’t, I still love to blog, but I want to show everything not just my over spoken opinion on books. I already have a craft blog but I honestly haven’t been happy with that for a long, long time, So I am thinking about combining both blogs into one! My biggest question is do I take over this one and make it my book, life, art, crafting, mummy blog?  Or do I start again close everything down and start all over again, I still haven’t decided to be honest and I understand that I will lose some followers.

But I have made so great friends in the book world and have enjoyed myself so much I don’t want to lose it all. If I decide to make this blog over I would love you to stay around, and I would love for you to follow me over to the new one if I go that way.  Your thought are welcome!
Regardless of what I do, I have made one firm decision. I will no longer be participating in blog tours. I have read and found some awesome books and authors with tours, but I just can’t do it anymore. I need to read what I want to read from now on in and I need to be free to say what I think. I am still open to beta reading, in fact I am doing that right now for someone and, well I think I’m doing rather well at it.


Anyway tell me what you think, will you stay? Will you go? Do you care at all?? Indifferent??

Comments

  1. I follow you on FB...but have never actually read your blog. Maybe decide who is reading what and minimize?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts