Angels in Leather By Bella Jewel

Angels in Leather 
 By Bella Jewel
2 Stars
Goodreads
Amazon


Man I so wanted to like this book!! This is the 3rd book in a row I was meant to be reviewing for blog tours that I just couldn’t do it. Just couldn’t rate it high enough.  This review will probably seem a bit unfair to the author, Bella is a good writer and for sure there is talent there and in one way I do have to thank her. I now know MC books are just not my thing. This is definitely the first and last MC book I will read.

Synopsis

A girl on the run.

Her father gave her one task before he died. To deliver a package.
Now she has the baddest biker in the state after her.

He wants what she's got.

Secrets in both the past and the present threaten to destroy what she is working so hard for.

He threatens to ruin her heart.

Two worlds will collide to make something explosive.

What I thought

I think I should start out by saying I don’t like TV shows and now books that glorify gang violence, and gang activity, I am a correction officers wife and my husband has to deal with people like this every day and I find books and TV shows romanticized these people and the life style. It is very easy to forget that Motorbike gangs and other gangs sell drugs to children put weapons on the streets and well there are not nice people, they are bad bad men that do bad bad things.  Was I meant to feel better about the men in this book because they don’t rape women?? Yeah I think not. 

I have never read a book like this and had no idea what it was about when I signed up for the tour. I found this a little twisted and in some ways a bit sick, it was dark and gritty and I am rather horrified at myself for being so wrapped up in it, started and finished it in a one sitting, I just didn’t put it down! I had a lot of issues with it though, there were plot holes…Big ones, I mean No cop is going to go undercover and take his family with him, or let a gang member take his kid on outings …yeah nah that is so not going to happen like ever!!

Axel was a bad person, he was a manipulative, control freak. I get he was a bit disturbed he had a bit of a bum ride but  I just can’t move past some of the things he did to Meadow , I really bought that she loved him but I think maybe it was a bit of  stockholm syndrome more than anything else.  I mean he killed her dad ffs then chases her for a year and, hunts her down, starves her, has her chained to a wall, gives her seafood knowing she is allergic to it!! And Meadow what kind of woman falls in love with the guy that starves her, chains her to a wall, then feeds her food that can kill her??  It almost feels like satire, I mean really? Are we just seeing how far you can go and still have people fall in love with awful people? I thought Christin Grey was bad but dear I say this guy may be worse. Come on, he kills people!! That’s not hot and sexy; it’s wrong, disturbing and scary. The scene with the blood and the shower freaked me the fark out!!

The sexy bits were  Hot and steamy in a farked up and gross sort of way, I’m no prude I like a good well written sex scene as much as the next person, I get it, each to their own and all that, but this was just not my cup of tea. Too twisted and psychological for me.


The saving grace was that this was well written and the dialogue was real, and that was about it. Man I gave this 3 ½ stars to begin with but the more I write the more I want to change that rating. I don’t think I will be reading the next book in this series, but would read this author again just not anything gang related.

Comments

Popular Posts