The League of Skull & Bones By MJ Fletcher Review

The League of Skull & Bones
By MJ Fletcher
4 Stars

For some reason this book has been really hard for me to sit down and write about, I really enjoyed it so I'm not really sure why that is though.

Synopses 
Jess Grimm has the ability to travel to any dimension in the multiverse. There’s only one problem... it’s killing her. 

Jess is a in a race against time to find a device that can slow the progression of the power inside her, but she isn’t alone. Others want her power, and they don’t care how they get, or if she is dead or alive when they do.

The only person willing to help her is the mysterious Ronan Sparrow a member of the League of Skull & Bones, one of the very groups that want her power. But what does Ronan want in return? Can Jess trust him or will she find herself alone with enemies on all sides?

The League of Skull & Bones, Book 1 of The Grimm Chronicles

What I thought


I liked Jess, underneath it all she was a  lonely girl, deep down determined to keep everyone at arms length to save them in the long run. Once the most popular and perfect girl at school she is now covered in scars and has tattoos from the artifact, the artifact that is now killing her. She was insecure in her own body, as a lot of girls are, and her thoughts seemed spot on for a young woman, but at the same time she was strong and independent.

When thinking about this book one major word comes to mind, Steampunk. it just screamed Steampunk to me and well I loved it, I have never read a book like this before. I went into it rather blind and thought it was going to be a paranormal romance but no, it was far from that.

It was well written and the world building was outstanding. I could see the gears on the devises moving, I could see the costumes and the different time lines moving as one. it was very well done!.

My only real complaint was while this book is the first of a series, I think it would be very helpful to read the Doorknob Society series first. There was a lot going on in this and it took me a while to get all the different things in order,  a lot of different groups and people to keep track of and I think having a bit more backround info would have been helpful at the start. It was for that reason it took me a little while to get in to but I think  by 40% mark I was hooked and couldn't put it down.

But warning there is a cliffhanger ending. I don't normally like reading a series util it's all out for that very reason but I will be reading the next book!!



Comments

Popular Posts