Let It Be Me By Toni Aleo Review

Let It Be Me
By Toni Aleo
4Stars

Do you see that woman there?
The one with long, wavy blond hair and blue eyes that used to sparkle?
That’s me, Violet Moore.
Do you see those men over there?
One is my husband, Rob.
A man who claimed he loved me, but proved his fist loved me more.
The other is Tucker McCloud, my savior and confidant.
I'm torn between what's right and my own fear.
But not anymore.
I’m taking my life back now.
I will fight back.
I will be happy.


*****************************************************************

Well that wasn’t what I was expecting at all, this was very different to anything I have read from this author before, if you are looking for a light fluffy read well then this is not the book for you so I suggest you just keep on moving on.

For the most part I did like this book, or well that’s what I thought till after I finished it and was sitting there having a we think about it, and well no I did not enjoy this book, It is sad.  Sad, emotional and at some points rather heard to read,

It was different to anything I have read before it dealt with domestic violence and had some real grit to it, It shows how utterly sole destroying it can be and why it is so hard for so many to get out alive. I am lucky I have never been in a violent relationship before, the thought of my husband hitting me makes me breakout in laughter but I know for many women this is a very real way of life.

Liv did my head in for a lot of this book, but from what I understand her thoughts and feelings were right on the money her lack of confidence and how she really believed she was worthless and unlovable really broke my heart.

Yes there were a few plot holes in this and some things I was like wtf, but ultimately I don’t think they really mattered too much. The really big issue I had was with the Doctor! (Which really surprised me, Toni has a great talent at writing the perfect man and book boyfriends) but that man had me shaking my head in a big way!! I really don’t want to say here and give anything away, but if someone I loved was going to go home and get a beating I think I would be following them home regardless about what they had to say. There is no way in hell I would just go home and wait for them to call me to let me know everything is ok!! Anyway moving on.


Every time I read Toni I like her more and more, I feel she has matured in the last year and her writing and style has grown so much, gone are the days where all her female leads do nothing but cry, where she has to tell everyone about the Gucci shoes this person is wearing and the Prada dress that one was, now we have real substance!!


Comments

Popular Posts