Author of the Week Spotlight. Tasha Ivey

Hi everyone this weeks spotlight for author of the week is Tasha Ivey. Some of  you may have noticed I have been pimping out a little book called Every Breath a lot lately and well this lady is the reason why, she is awesome and so are her books. 



Biography
Tasha Ivey is a literature fanatic, whose love for the written word fostered her development into the writer she has become. A lover of an extremely erratic mixture of literature, she has been influenced by authors from Jane Austen and E.M. Forster to Charlaine Harris and Alyson Noel. But her biggest influence and literary hero? Nicholas Sparks. Aside from writing, since she doesn't have anything other than a shriveled up prune on the left side of her brain, she prefers to spend her time being creative in other ways like painting, cake decorating, and various types of crafts. That is, if the constant voices streaming through her head allow her to stop making up stories for a while. Lucky for her, she has a huge supportive family, including her amazing husband and two kids, who doesn't complain too much when she hangs out with her characters more than she does with them. Sophie, the dog, however . . . she does complain. A lot.




Interview questions
1: Have you always wanted to be a writer, or is it something that just sort of happened and you fell in love with?
     I've always been an avid reader. About 4 years ago, I was home alone for the weekend, and I didn't have anything new to read. I'm not the type that can sit still and watch TV all day...I have to keep my mind busy. So I decided to just try writing my own story, and I actually enjoyed it. I haven't stopped since!

2: Are any of your characters based on people you know, if yes who and how??
    I may use people's names, but not really their characteristics. Destiny Ever-changing was full of family names, and Ashton in that story is my sister. That character is a lot like her. Jacqueline is another sister, but absolutely nothing like that character. "Nana" in that story is EXACTLY my Nana. Every Breath, though, is completely fictional.

3: What time of the day do you like to write?
    I'm a night owl. I'd rather stay awake until 3 a.m. writing, and sleep until 11 a.m. ANY DAY.

4:  What's your fav way to tackle writers block?
    I just get away from it for a few hours or, sometimes, a few days. It helps to get my mind off of it and clear my head, so I can come back to it with a fresh perspective.

5:  How many physical books do you own? (Under 100? over 500?)
    I'd guess around 200.

6: What do you listen to when you write? Silence? Nature sounds? Music?
    Depends on my mood. I'd rather have it quiet most of the time because if I listen to music, I end up singing and dancing. I'm too easily distracted. If I want to stay focused, but drown out the kids, I'll listen to waves or white noise.

7: Where do you do most of you writing? Do you have a home office/studio?
    I have an office area, but I don't like to write there. I prefer the couch in my living room, or I have my little reading sofa in my bedroom. I can write just about anywhere though. The coffee shop, my car, even my daughter's softball practice. 

8: What do you write with? Pen paper, laptop, and typewriter? Do you write notes as you go? If so what on?
     I do most of my writing on my laptop. Very rarely do I take notes (usually just to remind me of a loose end to tie up later), but if I do, I usually use the "sticky notes" program on my laptop. My computer desktop is covered in them.

9: Your favorite book?
     Hands down, Pride and Prejudice. I've read it at least twenty times...no exaggeration. I also love anything by Nicholas Sparks.

10: What is one of your favorite quotes?
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” -Dr. Seuss.

 11: What other crafts do you dabble in?
     I actually paint a little and I enjoy decorating cakes.

12: What were you good at at school, and what did see ourself being as an adult?
     I always loved literature and grammar. I wanted to be an English teacher, but I ended up in Accounting AND as an author. Lol!


Part two

Toilet paper over or under: OVER! If I go to someone's house, and it's under, I will change it!
Beer, Wine, Sprits?    Spirits, and sometimes wine.
Pjs, Nighty, Nothing?   Pjs
Rock or Pop?   Rock, with occasional Pop
5 Star resort or Camping    Resort! :)
Cats or Dogs?   Both.
Morning or Night?  Night.
McDonalds or Burger King?   Neither.
The Simpsons or Family Guy?  Neither.
Coke or Pespi?  DIET Coke is my kryptonite. 
Batman or Superman?  Batman is sexy.
Chocolate or Vanilla?  Depends on the day. Usually chocolate.
Summer or Winter?  Winter. I LOVE cold weather.
Shower or Bath?   Shower. I haven't taken a bath in probably ten years!
Countryside or Big city?  Usually countryside. I don't mind visiting big cities though.
Fame or Money?  Money. I'm not crazy about crowds. Or leaving my house. Lol!
Piercings or Tattoos?  Love them both.
Mac or PC?  Either. 
Mermaids or Unicorns?  Mermaids.
Hermoine Granger or Bella Swan?   Never read/watched Harry Potter (well, I did watch the first movie). Don't hate me! I just can't get into it. So, I guess Bella Swan, but the book version of her.


Would you like to be one of my authors of the week??? please let me know by pm on the Facebook page

Comments

Popular Posts